I’ve put together a list of less used (apart from the Britney one, but it’s fantastic), vaguely travel-related quotes for inspiration and above all, entertainment.
Hoping you like them.
30 Random Travel Quotes
- “Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.”
W C Fields
- “Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up.”
- “I want to travel. Maybe I’ll end up living in Norway, making cakes.”
- “Don Quixote’s ‘Delusions’ is an excellent read – far better than my own forthcoming travel book, ‘Walking Backwards Across Tuscany.'”
- “Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.” (Eh?)
- “I didn’t notice I was being set upon by a pickpocket, which I am glad of, because I like to work only with professionals.”
- Karen: “I didn’t know fruit could travel.”
Will & Grace
- “I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.”
- “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason”
- “We all know that light travels faster than sound. That’s why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.”
- “It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on earth has ever produced the expression, ‘As pretty as an airport.”
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN’ SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn.”
- “Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?”
- “Never take a cross country trip with a kid who has just learned to whistle.”
- “There is no other article for individual use so universally known or widely distributed. In my travels I have found [the safety razor] in the most northern town in Norway and in the heart of the Sahara Desert.”
Patricia Harris and David Lyon
- Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation.
- “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.”
Dagobert D. Runes
- “Remember: Don’t Insult the Alligator till after you cross the river.”
Old Haitian proverb
- “What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?”
- “Another well-known Paris landmark is the Arc de Triomphe, a moving monument to the many brave women and men who have died trying to visit it.”
- “The only way to be sure of catching a train is to miss the one before it.”
Gilbert K Chesterton
- “My experience in Amsterdam is that cyclists ride where the hell they like and aim in a state of rage at all pedestrians while ringing their bell loudly, the concept of avoiding people being foreign to them. My dream holiday would be a) a ticket to Amsterdam b) immunity from prosecution and c) a baseball bat.”
- “No matter how much water a sink takes on, it never lives up to its name. The Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink.
- “I went on a road trip with my cat, Cap’n. I would have let him drive, but he was drunk.”
- “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.”
- “The shortest distance between two points is under construction.”
- “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.”
- “The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff.”
- “We can’t stop here, this is bat country!”
Hunter S Thompson
- “You can’t see the whole sky through a bamboo tube.”
Know any good quotes?
Have you head any other good ones that might fit with the list? Let me know and I’ll add them as bonuses, and you’ll get a mention.